Thursday, September 10, 2009

Has It Really Been a Year?

The nurse at our birthing class gave us a great idea. She told us to take a picture with our baby and a select stuffed animal so you can chart his growth. Its like putting a ruler or a coin next to some object in a picture. You can't really tell how big something is unless you compare it to a known object. When we received this cute bear at the hospital from Cassie Murphy I knew that had to be the object. So far we have taken a picture with Korb and his teddy every month (except one because we were moving and the bear was in storage, oops). Here is our little boy throughout this past year. We are so grateful for his spirit in our home. And although I have spent many a restless night and have baby food stains on my clothes, I would never give up this chance to watch him grow.
September

October

November

December

February

March

April

May
June
July
August


We had a wonderful birthday party with friends and family at our house. There is a definite benefit to living close to family. They are more than willing to travel a little bit to celebrate Korban turning one (and I think to get free food). Korb, of course, was spoiled and got way too many gifts. Lots of toys and clothes. But the highlight of the whole evening was the cake. I loved decorating it. It was the cutest purple hippo I ever made. I spent many hours on it and it was very rewarding to watch Korban jump in and mush it around.
If you look closely you will see that there is at least an inch of frosting all over it. Korb loved licking it off his fingers.



Korb started for the Whopper eyeballs but there was so much frosting and cake in his fingers that he had to wipe his hands off. You would think the blanket would suffice. No, Korb chose to wipe his hands off on his butt. You can kind of see where his arm could reach.


Time for a bath. I am glad I didn't have to touch that messy kid at this point. Jason was eager to do the bathing.


9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Korban!! I can't believe he's a year already, kids grow too fast. I love the hippo cake, it's so cute. You did a great job Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for a post from you! And it was a good one. I wish I had been doing something like taking pictures with a reference object all along.

    That Korban sure is a big boy now (always was, right?). And I am impressed with the cake. The shape looked so good, and I suppose that could only be achieved with an inch of buttercream, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!! I love the cake too. And we wish we could have been there. Glad it was a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a great party for Korban. The cake looked fabulous. Great job! Happy 1st year Korban!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaPpY BIRtHdAY, KOrBan! What a cute little guy. And, Sonia, the cake was PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a sweet post. What a lucky little boy to have you for a mommy! I love your cake skills, that is one awesome purple hippo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really good idea for the monthly picture. I'm stealing that one! What a cute cake. Looks like he thoroughly enjoyed it:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Korban!!! Wow time sure flies. It looks like he had a great time at the birthday party most especially attacking the really cute cake. Well done Sonia. I love the bear idea, you can really see a change in his growth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of taking pictures with an object to chart their growth! I'll make sure to do that with my next baby. That last picture of Korban is my favorite- he looks so happy! Happy Birthday Korban!

    ReplyDelete