Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crazy Eight Tag

Thanks to my wonderful cousin Michelle and sister Heidi, I now am going to participate. I don't do these very often. But it seemed kind of fun and I am stuck in the house so I might as well do something. Right?

8 Favorite TV Shows:
This is hard. When we moved here we decided to no longer have tv (as in cable or tv shows). We use our tv for movies only now. But here are my choices before I went cold turkey. (yes there were withdrawal symptoms).
1. Glimore Girls (luckily I have all seasons on dvd)
2. So you think you can dance?
3. The Office
4. Biggest Loser
5. America's Next Top Model (Heidi, don't worry. It is also my guilty pleasure)
6. Hell's Kitchen
7. Project Runway
8. Top Chef

8 Things I did Yesterday:
1. Grocery Shopping
2. Listened to "Spanish Immersion" so that I can understand when my husband starts speaking in hushed spanish tones. I know it is about me.
3. Got my husband to watch Charly with me. This is only the third time he has cried in front of me. He also told me he is never watching that movie again.
4. Read most of The Notebook
5. Played with Korban
6. Continued on my Weight Watchers Diet (yes I have begun again)
7. Worked on landscape designs for the front and backyards.
8. Reserved lots of garden books at the library because I suck at landscape design.

8 Things I look Forward To:
1. No longer having to deprive myself of my desserts (part of the diet).
2. When I can drive into my garage on concrete. They poured part of it today. We have to wait a week now.
3. When Korban can just tell me what he wants instead of crying.
4. When I can see the sun and feel its warmth. I miss you Phoenix.
5. When my husband comes home everyday.
6. Going on a second honeymoon with Jason.
7. Watching Korban and any future kids go up.
8. Being able to design again for a living.

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Red Robin (I have this red meat thing right now. I am always hanckering for a hamburger)
2. Johnny Corinos
3. Oreganos - Those from Phoenix will understand. I am sorry for those that have never had the pleasure of the 2 inch thick stuffed pesto chicken pizza
4. Fontera Grill - Went with Russ, Tia, and Wendy in Chicago. Amazing mexican inspired food.
5. Bajios
6. PF Changs
7. Gelato Spot - They don't serve food but they do serve a mean gelato
8. Home - for me I don't really enjoy going out a lot. I like to cook something and eat it in the privacy of my own house.

8 Things I Wish For
1. The rain to stop so my driveway can actually cure and not get screwed up.
2. The rain to stop so I can see the sun and warm up
3. A never ending cup of calorie free hot chocolate
4. To be able to put in a sprinkler system, grass, a cool designed backyard and a fence all this year. Not a chance.
5. To be content with what I have.
6. To travel the whole world.
7. To be multi-lingual
8. World Peace :)

That wasn't too bad. It gave me a chance to tell everyone what is going on in a round about way. I guess I am supposed to tag someone now. But I am not. Instead, if you would like to do this please feel free.

6 comments:

  1. love it, you are lucky to get Jason to watch chick flicks with you! i cried during charly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish #5 is AWESOME. I should have thought of that. And, yes, Frontera Grille is the best and it was the best that time because you were with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I am so excited to see you on Saturday. I ordered you a selection of black scentsy plug-ins to choose from...i will have to bring them down for mother's day. (with a big selection of scents!) by the way, i love you. i am glad you live close! (even though i don't get to see you very often.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, but it's best to drink the never ending hot chocolate in the rain, don't you think??? Love it, Sonia, looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess watched Charly with me when we were engaged- he did cry and that was also the last time we watched it though we own it now. Oh Sonia, we miss you and so does the Phoenix sun! Come visit soon. I'm glad to hear you are making progress on your home though. Concrete is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I loved your post and am so happy your little guy is reunited with his long lost alligator. Can I mention how happy it makes me to hear that you are eating desserts?? Weight watchers is the greatest. What do you think of the new program?

    ReplyDelete